Jordan News | Latest News from Jordan, MENA
July 2 2022 1:54 AM ˚
e-paper Subscribe Sign in My Account Sign out

Area of licensed buildings down 22pct in Jan-Feb 2022

53a5003f-1-18
(Photo: Jordan News)
  • +
  • -
AMMAN - The total area of licensed buildings in the Kingdom dropped by 22 percent in the first two months of 2022, to 1.01 million square meters from 1.3 million square meters in the same period of 2021, according to Jordan News Agency, Petra.اضافة اعلان

The Department of Statistics (DoS) said Thursday that the number of building licenses in the January-February period also declined by 24.4 percent to a total of 3,317 licenses compared with 4,385 licenses in the same period of last year.

Similarly, the area of buildings licensed for residential purposes decreased by 22.4 percent, to 889,000 square meters, compared to about 1.146 million square meters during the same period last year.

As for buildings licensed for non-residential purposes, their area fell to about 127,000 square meters, a decrease of 20.6 percent, compared to about 160,000 square meters for the same period last year.

Buildings licensed for housing purposes accounted for 87.5 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, leaving 12.5 percent to buildings used for non-housing purposes, according to the DoS.

In its geographic breakdown of the data, the department said that the central region of the Kingdom accounted for 66.7 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, followed by the northern and southern regions at 25 and 8.3 percent, respectively.

Read More National News
 
NEWS RELATED TO