Iran: No Disagreement With China Over Strait of Hormuz; Ready for Any Scenario

Iran: No Disagreement With China Over Strait of Hormuz; Ready for Any Scenario
Iran: No Disagreement With China Over Strait of Hormuz; Ready for Any Scenario
The spokesperson for the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Esmaeil Baghaei, announced on Monday that negotiations with the United States are still ongoing through Pakistani mediation.اضافة اعلان

According to the Tasnim International News Agency, Baghaei stated during his weekly press conference that negotiations with America continue via Pakistan's mediation.

Ongoing Contacts With Oman Regarding the Strait of Hormuz
Speaking about the Strait of Hormuz and Iranian-Omani consultations in this regard, Baghaei said: "The Strait of Hormuz is a highly vital waterway for the entire world. We have always made great efforts to maintain safe navigation along this route, and we remain keen to ensure that navigation takes place in complete safety."

The Strait of Hormuz is located within Iranian and Omani waters, and both countries consider themselves responsible for providing assurance for the safe navigation of all nations.

Baghaei added: "What happened on March 9 was an American and Zionist attack, which required us to take measures for our national security—actions permitted under international law. This operation is ongoing, and we are in constant contact with the Sultanate of Oman to establish a mechanism to achieve this mission. A meeting between expert sectors was held last week in Muscat, and communications are still underway."

Course of Negotiations and Iran's Response to Proposals
Regarding the course of negotiations, Iran's response to the proposals, and reports about the clauses of the US proposals, Baghaei said: "The matter is not imminent; this is merely speculation. Over these past two years, several discussions have been raised regarding enrichment, and we have always said they are baseless."

He added: "The path of negotiations is continuous. After we presented the 14-point plan and the US side expressed its reservations, we also presented our views. We received a set of corrective notes and reservations from the Pakistani mediator. Since the day after Pakistan transmitted our viewpoints, we faced a set of proposals from the opposing party, and our viewpoints were sent two nights ago."

He continued: "Negotiations with America are ongoing through Pakistani mediation. There is nothing to negotiate regarding our 'right.' Iran's right to enrichment is recognized under the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and does not require recognition from any other party. We will proceed in all seriousness with every step based on the country's principled positions."

America is the Source of Insecurity at Sea
Commenting on the draft US resolution against Iran, Baghaei said: "This is the third attempt to draft a resolution against Iran. The first resolution issued was highly scandalous, as it overturned facts and targeted Iran alone. The second resolution was vetoed by China and Russia, which was a responsible stance."

He continued: "In recent days, another resolution is being proposed, following the same pattern as the previous two, which means ignoring ongoing realities. The Security Council cannot accuse Iran alone of destabilizing security. We are in constant contact with countries including China and Russia. They know very well that America is the source of insecurity at sea. Even they themselves have admitted that they are pirates."

Legal Follow-up on US Crimes Against Iran
In response to a question from Tasnim regarding the legal follow-up on US crimes against Iran, Baghaei said: "Legal processes are slow and require continuity. The first step is documenting American crimes, and we have done this since the early hours, both during the previous imposed war and the recent war."

He added: "A day or two before the latest war, we registered a lawsuit at the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal, filing a complaint against America over its interference in Iran's internal affairs and its imposition of sanctions. This case is registered and is being followed up."

He continued: "Regarding the recent war, including the Minab school massacre whose new dimensions are unfolding, we have registered it with international courts. We are following up on all cases according to their nature. We have also registered the crime of targeting medical centers with the World Health Organization (WHO)."

Response to Allegations of Charging Fees for Passage Through the Strait of Hormuz
Regarding allegations of charging fees for crossing the Strait of Hormuz, he said: "Reducing the new arrangements to ensure safe passage in the Strait of Hormuz to a mere financial matter is a deviation from the essence of the issue."

He continued: "It is natural for any coastal state to collect fees for the services it provides, but the core of the matter is ensuring safe passage and taking measures to protect national security. What has happened since March 9 has a legal basis. The establishment of a mechanism by Iran and Oman, as two coastal states in accordance with international law to ensure safe passage, will inevitably incur costs."

Media Assessments of the War Against Iran
On media assessments regarding the war against Iran, the Foreign Ministry spokesperson said: "What matters to us is our own assessment. We know our capabilities, and we organize our future plans based on them."

Response to Media Reports on Iran's Conditions for Negotiations
Regarding media reports about Iran's conditions for negotiations, he remarked: "Save us from these 'informed sources!' The negotiating team does not necessarily describe matters in specific terms. The media may call it whatever it deems appropriate, but our demands are clear. Suppose, for example, regarding the release of assets, some might say it is a condition, but I say it is our demand. We do not expect the opposing party to give us money, but reclaiming this money is a legitimate demand. Consequently, what is being put forward are Iran's demands, which will be pursued in any negotiations."

He added: "At the negotiating table, we focus on the interests of the Iranian people, regardless of threats."

On American pressure, Baghaei said: "One of America's tools is this economic pressure, but they have seen that they cannot deter us through threats and pressure from pursuing the rights of the Iranian people. We monitor developments, and at the negotiating table, we focus on the interests of the Iranian people regardless of threats. As for threats, at the slightest mistake by the opposing party, we can respond very well."

America Has Never Been Considered a Reliable Party
On the possibility of America betraying the negotiating table again, he said: "They have betrayed diplomacy enough and have seen the result. America has never been considered a reliable party. Its contradictory statements have made it so that no one in the world takes US diplomacy seriously. We, too, with deep mistrust, participate in any diplomatic process to protect Iran's interests."

He continued: "Reason dictates that we take past records into account in any process, but this does not prevent us from participating with confidence and reliance on God in diplomatic processes."

The Relationship Between Iran and Iraq is Deep-Rooted
On Iranian-Iraqi relations, he said: "The relationship between Iran and Iraq is deep and its roots are well-established; a change of governments does not affect relations between the two countries. We ought to congratulate the new Iraqi Prime Minister and wish Iraq further prosperity."

Following Up on the Release of Iranian Citizens From Kuwait
On following up on the release of Iranian citizens from Kuwait, the spokesperson said: "This action was unacceptable and improper. Creating a media atmosphere around this issue is incomprehensible to us because the nature of relations between two neighboring countries requires it to be reflected through diplomatic channels. Attacking and accusing an Iranian coast guard boat does not align with the principle of good neighborliness. The Kuwaiti side must not fall into the templates of others who do not prioritize security."

This War Had No Justification Except Serving the Zionist Entity's Purposes
On the contradiction in viewpoints between Iran and Trump, he said: "This is a war imposed by the ruling party in America on the Iranian people, and it has inflicted heavy costs on American citizens, solely to secure the ambitions of the Zionist entity. These contradictions show that this war had no justification other than advancing the purposes of the Zionist entity, and from this standpoint, American officials must be accountable to their people and the world."

America Acts Like a Pirate
Regarding the meeting between the presidents of China and the US and consultations over Iran, Baghaei said: "I believe we have no disagreement with China regarding the Strait of Hormuz. Regarding safe passage in the Strait of Hormuz, is Iran the one that caused this situation? We also believe that the necessary conditions for safe passage in the Strait of Hormuz must be provided. The reason for our insistence on a safe passage mechanism is to prevent a recurrence of the events of the past two or three months."

He added: "The party that caused insecurity in international waters and acts like a pirate is America. China, as a major economy, certainly has the right to demand that America guarantee the safe passage of its ships."

Any Rift Among Regional Countries Will Be Exploited by Third Parties
On relations with Arab states, he said: "The Minister's first visit after the war was to an Arab country in the region, where he traveled to the Sultanate of Oman. We are in contact with the countries of the region, and we seek to continue relations based on the principle of good neighborliness. Yes, we realize that due to American actions, the Zionist entity, and the poor performance of some regional countries, relations have been wounded, but we must heal these wounds. Any rift between regional countries will lead to weakening the region and its exploitation by third parties."

Obtaining Compensation From America
On obtaining compensation from America, the spokesperson said: "Regarding the scale of damages, economic agencies have the authority to express an opinion. I know that a precise assessment has been conducted in this regard, and the matter is under study. Many things will become clear over time."

He added: "During my visit to Kurdistan, I noticed the damage inflicted on Iranian historical monuments; can these damages be quantified in numbers? This matter is under continuous follow-up. Obtaining compensation is a logical demand because the war had no logical cause or basis; therefore, the aggressing parties must be held responsible."

Appointment of Qalibaf as Special Representative for Chinese Affairs
Regarding the appointment of Qalibaf as Special Representative for Chinese Affairs, he said: "We have always had a special representative for the relationship with China. Previously, the martyr Larijani held this mission, and now Dr. Qalibaf. This demonstrates the importance of our relationship with China. The relationship with China is highly vital to the extent that it requires decisions to be made with a holistic view."

We Have Good Bilateral Relations With South Korea
Regarding Araghchi's consultations with his South Korean counterpart and allegations of an attack on a South Korean vessel in the Persian Gulf, Baghaei said: "This was the third phone call from Korea's Foreign Minister to Mr. Araghchi. We have good bilateral relations with South Korea, and it is natural for Korea to have its concerns. Regarding the incident that occurred, it raises questions for us as well as to which party carried it out."

He continued: "We have stressed that we will investigate it just like any incident that happens in this region. Everyone must note that some parties spare no effort in any action, such as raising false flags. False flag operations have occurred many times."

Iran: We Are Fully Prepared for Any Scenario
On the tension between Iran and America and the possibility of war, he said: "There is no doubt that our diplomacy is smart, and we pursue it seriously. At the same time, we will not be held hostage to the contradictory behaviors of the opposing parties. We are fully prepared for any scenario. We will defend with all our might against any crazy act, and the military forces have surprises."

Regional Security Must Be Designed Based on Mechanisms From the Region's Countries Themselves
Regarding Saudi Arabia's proposal to sign a security plan among regional nations, Baghaei said: "I cannot say that a specific plan has been put forward. All countries, given the insecurity imposed by America, are certainly thinking about regional security. We believe that regional security must be designed based on mechanisms reached by the countries of the region themselves."

Iran: Our Entire Focus is Centered on Ending the War
Responding to Trump's statement regarding Iran suspending enrichment for 20 years, he said: "Our focus now is centered on ending the war. Regarding the nuclear file, we have emphasized that we will not compromise on our rights, and we have not discussed the details of the nuclear file; our entire focus is centered on ending the war."

Araghchi's Visit to China and India
On the Iranian Foreign Minister's visit to China and then to India to participate in the BRICS meeting, the spokesperson said: "In Mr. Araghchi's visit to India, the focus was on topics related to BRICS. There, consultations were held with a number of participating foreign ministers."

He added: "In China, the focus was on bilateral relations because our relationship with China is very good. The strategic partnership agreement is an important basis for cooperation between the two countries. It is natural that we also discuss developments in the region and the repercussions of America's violation of the law. Cooperation between Iran and China at the international level was also an agenda item."

Baghaei continued: "We must continue relations with China and Russia, both of which bear an important responsibility in maintaining international peace."

Non-Issuance of Visas for Some Iranian Football National Team Members is Unacceptable
Speaking on dispatching the Iranian national football team to America and issuing visas for its members, the spokesperson said: "The decision for the national team to participate in the World Cup was made based on various assessments. Issuing visas for the participation of the national team and the technical staff is the responsibility of the host nations, and in this case, the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) stands by us."

He continued: "Two days ago, a meeting was held between FIFA officials and football federation officials, where it was emphasized that America has violated its obligations as a host numerous times. The propositions raised regarding the non-issuance of visas to some members are completely unacceptable."