E-wallets payment transactions increased by 43% last month

TAX payment wallet
(File photo: Jordan News)
AMMAN — The number of e-wallets in Jordan had increased by the end of October to 1.98 million, compared to 1.91 million in September, a 3.7 percent increase, according to a report by the Jordan Payment and Clearing Systems Company (JOPAC), Al-Mamlaka TV reported.اضافة اعلان

JOPAC said in its report issued last month that 1.36 million transactions were done through the mobile payment system in October, compared to 950,000 transactions in September, an increase of 43.2 percent.

According to JOPAC, the value of transactions through e-wallets amounted to JD173 million in October, compared to JD125 million in the month before, an increase of 38.4 percent; 96.4 percent of these were money transfers and 2.4 percent withdrawals.

The report showed that 62.1 percent, or 1.22 million, e-wallet clients are men, and 37.9 percent, or 740,000, are women.

Meanwhile, CliQ transactions increased 19.1 percent last month.

The total number of users of the instant payment system CliQ in Jordan had reached 486,000 by the end of October, up by 8.2 percent from 449,000 users in September, the JOPAC report said.

In October, 905,000 CliQ transactions were completed through banks, compared to 760,000 transactions in September, an increase of 19.1 percent, the report showed. Of the October transactions, 828,000 (91.6 percent) were for the purpose of transferring funds, at a value of JD136 million, with an average transfer value of JD190. The remaining 76,000 transactions (8.4 percent) were purchases, at a value of JD14.1 million.

The total value of CliQ transactions last month stood at JD172 million, up 13.9 percent from the JD151 million recorded in September.

The report showed that 460,400 CliQ users (95.5 percent) are Jordanians, and 21,900 (4.5 percent) are foreigners. Meanwhile, 320,800 users (67 percent) are men, and 157,900 (33 percent) are women.

Read more Business
Jordan News