September 30 2022 8:12 PM E-paper Subscribe Sign in My Account Sign out

250,000 Jordanians work in industrial sector

Workers are seen at a garment factory in Jordan in this undated photo. (Photo: Jordan News)
(File photo: Jordan News)
AMMAN— A study by the Jordan Chamber of Industry showed that the industrial sector is the largest private sector employer, accounting for 30 percent of workers in the sector, according to Khaberni.اضافة اعلان

The study also showed that the number of workers in the industrial sector grew during the last decade by 28.2 percent, from 176,000 in 2011 to 256.000 at the end of last year.

According to the study, men account for 66 percent of the total sector employees, while women made up the remaining 34 percent.

The food and catering industries are the highest employers of male workers, at 25 percent, while the leather and textile industries are the highest employers of female employees, at 78 percent.

The study confirmed the industrial sector’s ability to continue to provide more job opportunities and preserve employment rates, despite the challenges and difficulties it faced during the last period, including political and economic crises at regional and global levels.


Read more Business
Jordan News