Jordan News | Latest News from Jordan, MENA
August 16 2022 7:55 AM ˚
e-paper Subscribe Sign in My Account Sign out

Balbisi advises Jordanians to take fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccine

1. Fourth Wave COVID Razan
(File photo: Ameer Khalifeh/Jordan News)
  • +
  • -
AMMAN — Adviser to the Prime Minister for Health Affairs Adel Al-Balbisi, who is also in charge with the COVID-19 dossier in Jordan, urged citizens who took the third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine six months ago to take the fourth booster dose, according to Khaberni.اضافة اعلان

Balbisi said that victims of the latest spread of the virus have been older people, of whom 60 percent had not been vaccinated; the other 40 percent had the third dose six months ago and did not go for the fourth booster shot.

Balbisi said that the world is witnessing an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases due to the Omicron variant that spreads much faster, adding that there has been a 14 percent increase in the number of cases this week compared to last week, and, most notably, that there have been more deaths due to the virus as well, an increase that the Kingdom has not experienced for the past four months.

Balbisi confirmed that no new measures are set to be implemented in Jordan, but stressed the need to follow previous procedures, such as wearing a mask in closed spaces, practicing physical distancing, and getting vaccinated.


Read more National news
Jordan News
 
NEWS RELATED TO