Jordan News | Latest News from Jordan, MENA
August 15 2022 4:21 AM ˚
e-paper Subscribe Sign in My Account Sign out

Area of licensed buildings up 56.7% in 10 months

Amman
A general view of buildings in Amman. (File Photo: Ameer Khalifeh/Jordan News)
  • +
  • -
AMMAN — The total area of licensed buildings in the Kingdom increased by 56.7 percent in the first 10 months of 2021 to reach 7.011 million sq.m. against 4.475 million sq.m. in the same reporting period of 2020, according to figures released on Tuesday by the Department of Statistics (DoS).اضافة اعلان

According to the Jordan News Agency, Petra, the data showed that the number of building licenses in the January-October period also jumped by 46.3 percent to a total of 21,916 licenses compared with 14,983 licenses in the same period last year.

The area of residential buildings soared to 6.153 million sq.m. in the first 10-month period of this year, marking a 59.6 percent rise from the 3.855 million square meters recorded in the corresponding period of last year, the DoS said.

Similarly, the area of buildings licensed for non-residential purposes shot up by 38.4 percent in the first ten months, reaching 858,000 square meters against 620,000 sq.m. in the same period of 2020, the data revealed.

Buildings licensed for housing purposes accounted for 87.8 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, leaving 12.2 percent to buildings used for non-housing purposes, according to the DoS.

In its geographic breakdown of the data, the department said that the central region of the Kingdom accounted for 66.6 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, followed by the northern and southern regions at 23.8 and 9.6 percent, respectively.

Read more Business

 
NEWS RELATED TO