Jerash health director says infections caused by bacteria

(Photo: Jordan News)

AMMAN — The director of health in Jerash, Mohammad Al-Tahan, told Jordan News that they suspect a bacteria called shigella was responsible for the suspected poisoning of a number of people in Jerash Governorate on Tuesday.اضافة اعلان

Tahan said that three patients have been discharged from Jerash Governmental Hospital and three other patients were admitted after a number of people were, another patient was also discharged from Haya Military Hospital, he said.

All of the patients are in stable condition and will be discharged from hospitals within 24 hours, he added.

According to Tahan, shigella is a common germ that can be found in water or food.  Tahan said that he is currently in the laboratory, awaiting the results of tests to identify the origin of the bacteria.

Read more National news